If you’re a business owner that relies on networking, you’re probably familiar with Cisco and its many offerings. You may even have some of their equipment or have worked with their software in the past. Their latest in networking technology, DNA Center, is a significant architecture platform for businesses. But running their programs can be expensive and daunting, especially for smaller and mid-sized companies.
The good news is there are other options for DNA Center for businesses looking to find similar services at a lower cost. These options will provide your business with several other benefits as well.
What Is Cisco DNA Center?
Cisco is a big name in networking software, and DNA Center is no exception. In their context, DNA stands for digital network architecture, a platform that is designed to create a comprehensive and integrated management system. Cisco’s DNA Center is a graphical interface system that provides complete management and control to drive your business’ growth. With it, you can direct workflow by strategically adding devices, assigning roles, analyzing the impact and completing many other proactive tasks.
Organizations turn to Cisco DNA, as it allows them to simplify management with groups of any size across multiple continents. It also comes highly regarded, as Cisco is a leading brand in networking platforms and infrastructure hardware. However, there are both pros and cons to Cisco DNA Center. For one, it requires that you purchase their equipment to implement the software. The high cost of Cisco DNA Center is also an issue for businesses with smaller budgets.
On top of the price, Cisco locks you into their ecosystem. DNA Center is compatible with other Cisco software, but you’ll have a difficult time trying to integrate it with other branded hardware and programs. It’s convenient if you solely work within a Cisco network, but not otherwise. Additionally, while third-party providers typically support and service multiple brands of equipment, with Cisco, you may have to enter into various vendor contracts to get the tech support you need.
DNA Center software subscription stacks come with technical support, but for full hardware support, you’ll also have to pay for Smart Net Total Care, also known as SmartNet.
Are There Lower Cost Alternatives to DNA Center?
Automating a network can be challenging for any business. But it’s also well worth the time and expense. It can help prevent outages, ensure compliance, simplify your management responsibilities, improve overall workflow and aid in scaling and evolving.
While Cisco stands out as one of the largest software companies for businesses, there are plenty of lower-cost options to Cisco DNA Center that may be better options. Third-party providers offer high-quality networking programs at a lower cost than the original equipment manufacturers, or OEMs, such as Cisco. They’re typically lower cost as they have more independent focuses, have less brand notoriety and can streamline your tech support.
Alternative options may also allow you to choose the services you need without being locked into a single provider or manufacturer. You can choose to work with older tools and upgrade at your own pace, rather than being required to invest in new equipment and software when the provider deems it necessary. Third-party providers are more flexible, cost-effective and can give you more individualized service than large companies like Cisco.
Are There Cisco Maintenance Alternatives to Consider?
Third-party providers also offer Cisco SmartNet alternatives that provide the same type of technical support, security alerts and product life cycle management for your system. Like DNA Center alternatives, these Cisco maintenance alternatives come with some valuable advantages, including a more affordable cost.
It’s important to note that choosing to use a third-party maintenance provider is not an all-or-nothing decision. You can still rely on Cisco contracts for some of your service needs while choosing outside maintenance alternatives for other aspects of your network. For example, you may want to use SmartNet for certain security functions while using an alternative for other services. A hybrid approach can allow you to tailor the ideal maintenance solution for your business.
Benefits of Choosing Another Provider
DNA Center isn’t necessary for businesses with network infrastructure needs. There are many noticeable benefits to partnering with a third-party provider that can help your business grow while providing the services you need. Alternative programs to Cisco’s DNA Center and SmartNet will allow you to:
- Enjoy lower costs: Whether you’re working with a limited budget or trying to find ways to save money, choosing a third-party provider can significantly reduce your network costs. For one, you can price shop and find solutions that fit your budget and company needs. You may also be able to support older equipment for longer, meaning you don’t have to upgrade prematurely when a company deems its hardware obsolete.
- Avoid vendor lock-in: Cisco’s systems require specific maintenance and support, and their programs run with their branded equipment. The software locks you into the company, requiring you to purchase other solutions from the same provider. With a third-party brand, you can merge multiple brands of hardware and invest in various programs without being limited to a single vendor.
- Make your hardware last: Large companies like Cisco tend to evolve quickly, regularly updating software and developing new programs. While forward movement can be positive, it also means hardware and equipment become obsolete faster. These companies don’t typically offer services that are compatible with the equipment they consider out of date. By partnering with a third-party provider, you can upgrade on your terms and keep servicing your existing equipment.
- Get tech support for any equipment: While OEMs provide tech support for their equipment, they often don’t service other brands of hardware. Many businesses work with a variety of manufacturers, and replacing them to match their provider may not be a financially viable option. The alternative is to work with a reliable third-party provider. They should have a team of knowledgeable technicians who service and maintain a wide range of equipment, new and old. With the right partner, you’ll have comprehensive tech support.
- Streamline your support channels: Rather than enter into contracts with multiple service providers, your business can streamline your tech support through a single third-party partner. With the right company, you can have a single point of contact, even while supporting equipment from multiple manufacturers.
Why Work With Worldwide Services?
Worldwide Services offers your business one of the top alternatives to Cisco’s DNA Center. We focus on creating comprehensive, high-quality technology solutions through a variety of managed IT products and services. Our software focuses on helping you decrease your expenses, protect your business and increase overall efficiency.
With Worldwide Services, you won’t experience vendor lock-in. Our solutions are compatible with many supported tech brands, including Cisco, Arris, Fujitsu, HP, Dell, Microsoft, IBM and more. If you don’t want to get rid of the familiar hardware you work with daily, you don’t have to. We make it easy to upgrade at your own pace.
We want to provide you with high-quality service at an affordable price for any budget. Whether your company is large or small, we can accommodate you and your technical teams. Worldwide Services can create customized packages, so you get what you need without overspending. You can also save 50 to 80% on maintenance services when you choose to work with us.
Beyond the general benefits, we offer services to help your company evolve. Our managed IT services include:
- 24/7 field services and technical support
- Asset recovery programs
- Cloud and network migration services
- Consulting and project management services
- Materials management and reverse logistics
- Multi-vendor maintenance programs
- Network lifecycle management
- Network monitoring and infrastructure management
- Network security
- Spares management and repairs
How Does the Cost of NetGuard Compare With SmartNet and DNA Center?
Our third-party maintenance service is known as NetGuard. NetGuard is compatible with Cisco infrastructure, so you can use it to replace or supplement your SmartNet maintenance.
At Worldwide Services, we provide high-quality service at an affordable price for any budget. Whether your company is large or small, we can accommodate you and your technical teams. Worldwide Services can create customized packages, so you get what you need without overspending.
You can save anywhere from 50% to 80% on maintenance services when you choose to work with us instead of going with an OEM contract. You can also save substantially through our other services that can stand in for DNA Center’s functionality. When you find ways to eliminate waste from your IT budget, you can funnel the saving into other important applications and help your business grow.
You may look at all the features you get with DNA Center or SmartNet and think the price is worth it, and for some companies, maybe it is. However, for many companies, being able to choose third-party services that are more tailored to your needs can save you from throwing money away on services included with DNA Center or SmartNet that you’ll never use. This is one of the main reasons you can see significant financial savings when you use a hybrid approach or choose our services over the OEM’s.
Partner With Us
If you’re looking for one of the best alternatives to Cisco’s DNA Center, Worldwide Services has everything you need for successful network automation and architecture. Our tech teams use cutting-edge technology and have decades of expertise, making us a leader in the networking industry. Worldwide Services will keep your business up and running with increased uptime and a rapid response rate to any technical inquiries.
Get started improving your network experience today. If you have any questions, contact us or request a quote to begin your business’ networking evolution.